67 POWERFUL CALMING BEDTIME AFFIRMATIONS FOR RESTFUL SLEEP
I have found that sometimes the day’s stressors get to me and can keep me tossing and turning in bed while sleep completely escapes me. The day’s worries follow me to bed making it hard to fall asleep fast, sometimes for hours.
And I have turned to positive bedtime affirmations to ward off unwanted thoughts and to help me fall asleep fast, stay asleep and manifest positive emotions.
If you are experiencing sleep problems try adding positive sleep affirmations to your bedtime routine.
Bedtime affirmations may sound woo-woo, but they are actually a powerful tool to help your mind redirect negativity and calm worries at bedtime. And this, in turn, ushers you into a zen feeling and peaceful sleep.
Ruminating at bedtime with worries about how your day went or how tomorrow, next day, next week or next month will go can be quite a struggle for many of us and leads to a lack of sleep, affecting not only our mental health but also our physical health.
Did you know lack of sleep causes weight gain and even contributes to chronic conditions like diabetes? That is why it is so important to tackle sleep issues and reclaim your sleep for optimal health.
Unfortunately, bedtime just seems like when all the worries descend on our brains making us restless and anxious.
To stop all this stress and worry as we go to bed, it is important to start a mindful bedtime routine so we can feel calm and fall asleep easily and quickly.
And sleep affirmations can help you quiet your mind for a better night’s sleep.
BUT FIRST, WHAT ARE BEDTIME AFFIRMATIONS?
Bedtime affirmations or sleep affirmations are short phrases or mantras, or positive statements that you say to yourself or recite before going to sleep.
The science behind repeating these mantras every day is that they eventually start to change the way you think.
They rewire your brain by working on your subconscious mind to be more positive.
You see our brains do believe the information we put in them on a daily basis.
That means that if you only see the dark and dreary side of things you tend to believe that.
But if you are positive then the world becomes more positive and you actually start experiencing more positive happy things in your life.
And the benefit of bedtime affirmations is that they help you become the best version of yourself and overall better mental health.
SO DO BEDTIME AFFIRMATIONS WORK?
I do understand if you are a bit skeptical and wonder if bedtime affirmations or any affirmations really work.
You see we may think consciously all the time, but most of the deep work takes place at a subconscious level. And this is where affirmations come in.
While we do say the sleep affirmations while we are awake, reciting affirmations every day and making it a habit subconsciously starts to change our conscious beliefs and reprogram our minds.
And in fact, redirecting our thoughts through affirmations and gratitude so that we have more positive thoughts improves sleep, the research found.
Affirmations train our brains to focus on positive things, strengthen our confidence, get rid of negative thoughts, and as a result, seem almost magically to manifest the things we desire in our lives.
That is how the law of attraction works and affirmations are an amazing tool to help manifest what you want in life.
Yes, it’s true: ” What you think, you become, what your feel, you attract, what you imagine, you create”- Buddha.
Sleep affirmations are a form of meditation, that not only calms your mind, and even lowers your heart rate, but goes beyond the physical calming of your mind. Affirmations in general boost self-growth and self-actualization.
They work on low self-esteem, challenge limiting beliefs and increase your happiness.
Start saying affirmations at bedtime and in the morning as part of your morning and night routines, and you will be amazed at what you can achieve.
Help your brain to focus on positivity with sleep affirmations. You will eventually start to see positive changes manifesting in your life as your brain will forge new positive neural pathways.
How to make your sleep affirmations more effective
The best way to use sleep affirmations is to make them a part of your bedtime routine.
- Having a sleep affirmation practice as part of a simple nighttime routine helps you to unwind and prepare your mind to rest.
- Pick a few affirmations to recite and repeat each night.
- You may even record these affirmations and say them back yourself in your own voice. You may follow listening to affirmations with a guided meditation to completely calm and relax you.
- Believe in your affirmations. As you recite or listen to the affirmations believe that what you hear or say is happening and is true. This has immense power and you will find inner peace. It is our limiting beliefs that make us anxious, lead to sleepless nights, and contribute to low self-esteem.
- Use”I am “statements, or “I have ” statements to speak to your subconscious mind. The more you repeat these statements the more you will let go of negative thoughts. And with time will have forged new neural pathways making yourself more confident. And of course, with sleep affirmations, you will start sleeping better each night.
Use visualization to experience a greater impact on your daily sleep affirmations. Visualize yourself as the statements you are making.
This will enhance your positive thinking and will be imprinted in your subconscious mind and manifest with daily practice.
BEDTIME AFFIRMATIONS FOR A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
If you are tired of tossing and turning and laying in bed sleepless, start the habit of reciting some of the sleep affirmations below every night. Pick and choose a few favorite nighttime affirmations to focus on every night.
Just remember to believe what you are saying. It may sound corny at first but eventually, you will start to see results.
Let’s look at some positive powerful affirmations to put you in the right headspace for a good night’s sleep.
Affirmations To Say At Bedtime
1. I am calm and relaxed in my bed.
2. I feel my worries fade as I enter deep rejuvenating sleep.
3. My mind and body are relaxed now.
4. I now claim joy and peace from a good night’s sleep.
5. My mind and body are allowed to be worthy of rest.
6. I lay all my burdens down as I lay in my haven of peace.
7. Sleep calms me and restores me.
8. I have done all I could today.
9. I release all fear, worry, and stress now.
10. Sleep is good for me.
11. I am thankful for today.
12. I am grateful for a warm bed and I let go of all my cares now.
13. I did all I could do today and that is enough.
14. I worked hard today so I can rest now.
15. Today’s mistakes do not define me.
16. I know tomorrow will be a great day
17. Tomorrow is a fresh start and I will be ready.
18. I allow myself to sleep now so I will have the energy I need tomorrow.
19. The day business is done and it is time for me to rest.
20. I have no cares now that cannot wait until tomorrow.
21. I choose peace and calm.
22. I welcome a good night’s rest.
23. I am in control of the thoughts I choose and I choose positive thoughts.
24. I am letting go of worry and stress.
25. Whatever didn’t go as planned today, I am letting go now.
26. I am at peace with the decisions I made today and the work I have done.
27. My bed welcomes me to release all cares.
28. This is my peaceful place and I am going to rest now.
29. I deserve good sleep.
30. I am blessed, and I am so grateful.
31. As I breathe in and out, I am letting go of all my worries, and welcoming peace.
32. My brain and the universe are at peace now.
33. There is nothing more for me to do today. The day is done.
34 . I am letting go of what I cannot change.
35. What is meant to be will be.
36. I now center myself and welcome peace.
37. I am grateful for this moment.
38. My journey is just as it should be.
39. I am safe now. I am peaceful. I let sleep claim my mind.
40. I have what it takes to deal with what tomorrow brings. I can rest now.
41. I am at peace and allowing my body to relax to sleep now.
42. I am a better person when I am well-rested.
43. I am a better woman, and a better mom when I allow myself to rest.
44. All my challenges help me to be a better person.
45. I have learned all the lessons I could today, so I let all else go now.
46. I deserve the self-care that good sleep provides.
47. My body is amazing and knows I need sleep.
48. I now relax every inch of my body and I let go into a deep sleep.
59. The universe will take care of all my needs. I know this.
50. I allow my body to restore and recharge now.
51. I go to sleep now and tomorrow I will wake up with new insight and inspiration.
52. I am enough. I let go of any comparison and embrace who I am.
53. I am worthy of rest and healing from a good night’s sleep.
54. I believe tomorrow will bring good things into my life.
55. I welcome peaceful dreams and inner guidance.
56. I go to sleep knowing I easily manifest my heart’s desires.
57. I rest now and let the universe guide me.
58. I am now letting go, and I am now open to endless possibilities.
59. Now I am allowing a deep cleansing sleep to claim my mind and body.
60. I now welcome a gentle night and happy dreams.
61. I have the power to control my thoughts and emotions, and now I choose sleep.
62. With every breath, peace, and calmness wash over me.
63. Sleep comes easily to me. I don’t need to do anything else.
64. I now embrace rest and welcome deep rejuvenating sleep.
65. I am letting go of all my stress and I open myself up for new perspectives for any challenge I am facing.
66. I allow my body to rest and recharge with ease.
67. I fall asleep effortlessly and enjoy a peaceful restful sleep.
Also, consider these tips for a good night’s sleep
Sleep affirmations are powerful to calm your mind at night for better sleep.
But you can make your affirmations work even better when used alongside the following healthy habits:
Eat the right foods.
If your diet is lacking essential nutrients you will have a hard time sleeping well even with beautiful sleep affirmations.
Eating a balanced diet that is nutritious will provide the nutrients needed to produce melatonin your sleep hormone, plus the neurotransmitters that calm the mind. And therefore a healthy diet will improve the effectiveness of your sleep affirmations to calm your mind and to sleep deeply.
See this post with the 11 best foods for good sleep.
Have a sleep schedule.
You must ensure you have a regular bedtime and wake-up time to have good quality sleep.
Keeping up with your circadian rhythm not only helps you sleep well but improves your overall health because many functions of the body such as hormone production and function have a circadian rhythm.
Turn your phone and electronics off at least two hours before your bedtime..
We have to avoid that blue light because we now know they affect melatonin production.
Take a warm bath.
I find that a warm bath is very relaxing and improves the quality of my sleep.
Diffuse some essential oils
Lavender is especially calming but there are other blends you can use for better sleep.
Keep the bedroom dark
It is important to block all light when you go to sleep to ensure the proper production of melatonin. So you can use black-out curtains to keep the outside light out. In addition, wearing a sleep mask is very helpful in keeping all light out. This will help your bedtime affirmations work even better.
Final thoughts about sleep affirmations
I hope these bedtime affirmations ease you off to sleep better, help you wake up with renewed joy and positivity, and manifest your heart’s desires.
You now have several affirmations to help you fall asleep fast and leave the worries of the day behind as you go to sleep.
So if your anxious mind is making you have poor sleep quality, pick a few affirmations and repeat them as you lay in bed tonight.
Start changing negative thought patterns with sleep affirmations to not only sleep better but improve your confidence, sense of self, self-esteem as well as self-love.
And keep practicing saying sleep affirmations every night for good results. Eventually, this will become easier for you to do and to manifest as well.
So there you go! Go forth, say sleep affirmations, and be your best self!
Do you say bedtime affirmations or any affirmations in general?
Tell me in the comments below.
The best foods that help you sleep better
How to sleep better at night
Calming bedtime routine for anxiety