Self-care quotes are a powerful to inspire and remind us to take time to pause and recharge. We all need to stop every so often and practice self-care. But when you are a busy mom especially, taking time off for your own self-care can be the last thing on your mind.
And even if you are not a busy mom chances are your hands are full with a full schedule each and every day.
So it is easy to get so busy or so caught up in life we put our own self-care by the wayside.
And when that happens we find that we have lost ourselves somehow or lost our way and we are forced to stop and breathe again or realize we have sorely neglected ourselves and are paying the price.
Self-care is therefore so important for our health, including our mental health, and is necessary for us to be our best selves.
And to help you remember to prioritize self-care I am going to give you 61 inspirational self-care quotes that will inspire you and remind you to stop and nourish your mind body and spirit.
The best Inspirational self-care quotes to motivate and uplift you
1. “Keep taking time for yourself until you are you again”–Lalah Delia
2. I have come to believe that taking care of myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival- Audre Lourde
3. “Take care of your body. Its the only place you have to live”-Jim John
4. “How you start your day is often how live your life”-Louise Hay
5. “Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what is left over”-Katie Reed.
6. Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world- Lucille Ball.
7. Almost everything will work again if unplug it for a few minutes including you-Anne Lamott
8. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make happiness a priority. It’s necessary- ” Mandy Hale.
9. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance” –Oscar Wilde
10. “You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserves your love and affection-“Buddha
11. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself-Coco Chanel
12. Self-care is how you take your power back- Lalah Delia
13. As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others-Maya Angelou.
14. “It’s not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it- Lenna Horne.
15. When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits-anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal, Now I see it as self loving-Kim Mcmillen
16. The mind is everything. What you think, you become- Buddha
17. “You have only one life to live make sure it’s yours”- Eleanore Brown
18. “Our soul is like s a soft and gentle flower; it needs to be natured, cared for, and tended to with sufficient sunlight, fresh air, and freedom to bloom into its most precious and beautiful form. This my friend, is self-love”- Miya Yamanouchi
19. “Talk to yourself like you would someone you love” –Brene Brown
“20. “The thing that is really hard and really amazing is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself”– Anna Quindlen
21. “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails” Dolly Parton
22. “You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm”-Unknown
23. “Taking care of myself doesn’t’ ‘me first. It means ‘Me too’ “-L.R Knost
24. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender. It’s holy ground; there is no greater investment.” Steven Covey
“25. When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying no to yourself”-Paulo Coelho
26. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, and your spirit. Then get back to work”-Ralph Marston
27. ‘Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self” Queen Latifah
28. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you” –Walt Whitman
29.” If I am not good to myself, how can O expect anyone else to be good to me?” Maya Angelou
30. “Be you. Love you. All Ways, always.” Alexandra Elle
31. “Self-care is not a waste of time. Self-care makes your use of time more sustainable.” –Jackie Viramontez
32. “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone who needed it, it can last a lifetime”- Steve Maraboli
33. “If your compassion doesn’t include yourself its incomplete” Jack Kornfield
34. ” Honoring your own boundaries is the clearest message to others to honor them too.”-Gina Greenlee
35. “It’s more than a bath; it’s a transformative experience. You are searching for buoyancy in the soul and spring in your step.” –Amy Leigh Mercree
36.” Rest and self-care are so important. You take time to replenish your spirit it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”–Eleanor Brownn
37. “Carve out and claim the time to care for yourself and kindle your own fire.”-Amy Ippoliti
“Your subconscious mind is paying attention to how you treat yourself.”- Sam Owen
40. ” You define your own life. Dont let other people write your script”–Oprah Winfrey
41. “Self-care means giving yourself permission to pause ” Cecilia Tran.
42. Every morning look into the mirror and affirm positive things in your life.”-Laila Gifty Akita
43. “It’s all about finding calm in the chaos”-Donna Karan
44. There is enough time for self-care. There is not enough time to make up for the life you’ll miss by not filling yourself up” -Jennifer Williamson.
44. “Happiness is the highest form of health” Dalai Lama
45. “When you take care of yourself, you are a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better” Solange Knowles.
46. ” If you don’t love yourself, how the hell you gon’ love somebody else?”–Rupaul“
47. The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself”- Diane Von Furstenberg
48. “Self-care is never a selfish act- it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have the gift I was put on the earth to offer others” –Parker Palmer
49. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.”- Deborah Day
50 “The most powerful relationship is the one you have with yourself.”-Steve Maraboli
51. Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.”- Etty Hillesum
52. “Our feelings are our most genuine paths to knowledge.”-Audre Lorde
53. “You become what you think about all day long.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “Breath. And let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” –Oprah Winfrey
55. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself”–Rumi
56. I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick.”–Audrey Hepburn
57. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how to use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”-Anna Taylor
58. “Don’t step into lives that aren’t yours, make choices that aren’t nourishing, or dance stiffly for years with the wrong partner, or parts of yourself.”-Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy
59. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. “-M. Scott Peck
60. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness”-Robert Morley
61. “An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly”-Unknown
Final thoughts on inspiring self-care
It’s my hope that reading through these self-care quotes inspires you and motivates you to take some time more often to take care of yourself.
And I hope that you remember even the smallest act of self-care matters.
I also hope and wish that you remember to go deeper than the bubble baths and flowers and look inwards to the real you and let her out, because in that authenticity, acknowledging yourself is the ultimate form of self-care.
I hope you are now ready to start practicing self-care regularly. And if you are here are some ideas for you. Start with this 31 Days self-care challenge with a free printable.
The best self-care Sunday Ideas for mental health
The best self-care ideas for moms
11 Best habits for mental health